I’m Arlie Coles, a deep learning applied researcher and software developer with a passion for linguistics and good coding practices.
I first became interested in NLP and ASR working at the Montreal Computational & Quantitative Linguistics Lab under Morgan Sonderegger. I further pursued these subjects into the realm of machine learning while studying at Mila (Quebec Artificial Intelligence Institute), and am excited about applying well-crafted, extensible, and practical solutions to natural language problems in this rapidly growing field. I now work as a Research Scientist at Nuance Communications.
I also love music theory, liturgy, and playing the piano!
- Computational Linguistics / Natural Language Processing
- Deep Learning
- Clean code & documentation
- Programming: Python, Java, C, Bash
- Deep learning frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras
- Design: HTML, CSS, LaTeX
- MSc in Computer Science (Machine Learning), Mila/Université de Montréal
- BA&Sc Hon. in Cognitive Science (Computer Science & Linguistics), McGill University
You can email me at arlie dot coles at gmail dot com, or find me online at any of the social networks in the footer below.